If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Lance, Inc. recalls all Tom's Barbecue Potato Chips after learning that the Barbecue Seasoning blend contains hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors, and may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled products were sold in retail stores in more than 30 states.
- Food Safety Recall: Whole Foods Market recalls Whole Catch Yellow fin Tuna Steaks (frozen) with a best by date of Dec 5th, 2010 because of possible elevated levels of histamine that may result in an allergic reaction known as scombroid poisoning. The recalled tuna was sold in Whole Foods Market stores in 28 states and the District of Columbia.
- Food Safety Recall: North American Bison Co-Op (New Rockford, ND) recalls approximately 25,000 pounds of whole beef heads containing tongues that may not have had the tonsils completely removed.
- Dietary Supplement Recall: Kanec USA Inc. (Davie, FL) recalls Stud Capsule For Men (Lot #060607-01/060108-01 Exp 6-2013), after being advised by FDA that the product was adulterated with Sildenafil, an FDA approved drug used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- FDA Enforcement Action: Federal government seizes a range of creams, capsules, tablets, gum, throat spray, and shampoos from the premises of Beehive Botanicals Inc. (Haywood, WI), because the "... products are misbranded and unapproved new drugs in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act..."
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Acquired Holding Inc. (Buckner, KY) that an October/November 2009 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0421): Listeria monocytogenes in frozen raw porcine skins from Poland; distributed in Poland and Ukraine.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0422): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled mackerel (Scomber scombrus) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0423): Adverse reaction (irritation of the eyes) caused by liquid in the stick of lollipops from China; distributed in Latvia, Poland and Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0424): Salmonella spp. in frozen minced beef from Italy; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0425): Listeria monocytogenes in liver pate with green peppers from France; distributed in France and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0426): Salmonella enteritidis in egg product UHT from Italy; distributed in Hungary.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.