If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Gorton's Inc. (Gloucester, MA) recalls Gorton's Shrimp Scampi, because it contains a pepper ingredient that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #10-604): Listeria (presence /50g) in frozen smoked Atlantic salmon from Poland; shipped to Canada and rejected at border.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0449): Aflatoxins in peanut kernels from South Africa, via the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0450): Migration of cadmium from ceramic plates from China; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0451): Unauthorised irradiation of frozen frog legs from Indonesia, via Belgium; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0452): Too high content of sulphite in cooked shrimps (Penaeus vannamei) from Ecuador; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0453): Piperonylbutoxide (pesticide) in infant formula from Slovenia; distributed in Lithuania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0454): Salmonella in vacuum packed marinated pork from Denmark; distributed in Sweden.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0455): Salmonella infantis in soy protein concentrate from Uruguay, via the Netherlands; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0456): Aflatoxins in basmati rice from Pakistan; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0457): Aflatoxins in raisins from Greece; distributed in Cyprus.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0458): Salmonella infantis in frozen tenderized chicken wings and legs from Bulgaria; distributed in Romania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0459): Glass fragment in paprika slices in glass jars from Hungary, via Belgium; distributed in Denmark, Faroe Islands, Greenland and Iceland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0460): Sodium citrate and glycine unauthorised in frozen soles (Solea solea) from the Netherlands; distributed in Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.