If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Animal Feed Safety Recall: Purina Mills recalls two specific lots of 50-pound bags of Strategy® Professional Formula GX horse feed and one lot of Layena® SunFresh® Recipe Pellet poultry feed after metal fragments were found in some bags of one lot of Strategy® horse feed. The recalled feeds were manufactured on March 24-25, 2010 and distributed in Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Missouri and Virginia.
- FDA Enforcement Action: FDA seeks injunction against Franck's Compounding Lab of Ocala, FL to prevent the company from introducing adulterated, misbranded, and unsafe animal drugs into interstate commerce.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0480): Dead insects in Sveltesse yogurt from France; distributed in France and notified by Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0481): Suffocation risk as a result of the consumption of lychee and mango mini cup jelly containing unauthorized carrageenan from Vietnam from China, via Sweden; distributed in Finland as Siam House Ky jellies.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0482): Salmonella infantis in marinated chicken fillets from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0483): Dimethoate (pesticide) in aubergines from Uganda; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0484): Mercury in chilled black cod (Anoplopoma fimbria) from Canada; distributed in Italy and France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0485): Chlorpyriphos and dimethoate (pesticides) in coriander from Thailand; distributed in Italy.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0486): Deterioration (due to rust) of stainless coffee pots from India; distributed in Greece.
Australia and New Zealand
- Sanitation Enforcement Action (New Zealand): Waitakere City Council has laid a charge of breaching the council's food bylaw against Jin Ling Chen, the owner of D H Supermarket in Henderson (West Auckland) after the supermarket's butchery was found to be "grossly dirty and unhygienic."
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.