If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Alert: FDA advises consumers that raw oysters from Louisiana that are linked to 11 cases of Norovirus gastroenteritis in Mississippi were distributed across the United States. Louisiana has issued a recall notice and has closed the affected harvesting beds.
- Food Safety Recall: Modern Products, Inc. recalls Spike and Vegit brands of seasonings and Hauser Vegetable Broth, because the products contain hydrolyzed vegetable protein that was recalled by Basic Food Flavors due to possible Salmonella contamination. The products were distributed to supermarkets and other retailers across the USA.
- Food Recall: Food City advises its customers that the manufacturer has recalled Food Club and ValuTime Taco Shells and Food Club Taco Dinner. No reason is given for the recall.
- Food Recall: Buehler's advises its customers that Smith Dairy has recalled lot code 04/02/10 of Buehler's Skim Milk (gallon size) and Smith's Skim Milk (1/2 gallon) due to a quality issue.
- Food Recall: Buehler's advises its customers that Enjoy Life Foods has recalled Enjoy Life Cocoa Loco Snack Bar 5 oz. (Best by10/26/10) because of a shelf-life issue.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0394): Botulinum toxin in artichokes pesto from Italy; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0388): Ethephon (pesticide) in vine tomatoes from Italy; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0389): Cadmium in crabs (Cancer pagurus) from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0390): Salmonella typhimurium in hazelnut kernels from Turkey; distributed in Denmark and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0391): Aflatoxins in ground nutmeg from Indonesia; distributed in Germany, the Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0392): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled anchovy (Engraulis engrasicolus) from Italy; distributed in Italy and Switzerland.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0393): Migration of lead and of nickel from casserole with cover from Italy; distributed in Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #10-601): Acetamiprid in dried goji berries from China; distributed in Germany.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.