If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Fernando's Food Corporation (Compton, CA) recalls approximately 9,400 pounds of enchilada products because they were inadvertently mislabeled and undeclared milk.
- Food Safety Recall: USDA releases retail distribution list for Ruiz Foods, Inc. recall.
- Food Safety Recall: USDA releases retail distribution list for Windsor Foods recall.
- Food Safety Recall: Food Lion recalls Food Lion Hamburger Dinner Beef Pasta, sold in Food Lion and Reids stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Stonyfield recalls Oikos Greek Yogurt, 5.3 oz., plain. The yogurt was sold in Price Chopper stores and was supplied to the US military.
- Food Labeling Recall: Netherland Bulb Co. recalls six varieties of seed potatoes because of mislabeling. The recalled seed potatoes were sold in Price Chopper stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Siena Foods Ltd. recalls Siena brand Coppa (sold in variable weight packages weighing approximately 300-400 g bearing best before dates 10 JN21 or no date) and Siena brand Prosciuttini or Prosciuttini Hot (sold in variable weight packages weighing approximately 300-400 g bearing best before dates 10 JN20, 10JN21, 10JN22). The dried, ready-to-eat meats were distributed in Ontario and Alberta, and may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall: The importers of Frontier and Whole Foods Market 365 brands of spice products recall certain spices and seasoning mixes that may contain Salmonella-contaminated black pepper.
- Food Safety Recall: Canadian Food Inspection Agency warns consumers that BBQ nuts and Smoked Almonds sold under several different brand names have been recalled because they contain hydrolyzed vegetable protein that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Infestation Alert (UK): Tangerine Confectionary recalls some batches of Butterkist Sweet Microwave Popcorn due to the potential presence of rice weevil (Sitophilus oryzae) within the product.
- Unauthorized Drug Alert (Ireland): Irish Medicines Board warns consumers not to buy or use STRO Emperor Capsules, because they contain tadalafil, a prescription drug used to treat erectile dysfunction.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Unauthorized Drug Alert (Singapore): Singapore Health Sciences Authority warns consumers not to buy or use Tian Yang Xu Huo Oral Ulcer Capsule (batch #0812003, expiry date 11.2011) because the capsules contain aristolochic acid, a naturally occurring toxic substance.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.