If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: USDA posts updated retail distribution list for meat products recalled by Daniele International, Inc.
- Food Safety Recall: FDA alerts consumers to a series of recalls triggered by the recall by Basic Food Flavors Inc. (Las Vegas, NV) of hydrolyzed vegetable protein that may be contaminated with Salmonella Tennessee.
- Food Safety Recall: Reser's Fine Foods, Inc. (Beaverton, OR) recalls several products that were manufactured using hydrolyzed vegetable protein that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Concord Foods Inc is voluntarily recalling certain production codes of Concord Foods Vegetable Dip Seasoning mix that is generally sold in the produce department of supermarkets because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Orval Kent recalls dips sold under the Culinary Circle, Albertsons and Jewel brands because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Creative Contract Packaging Corporation (Aurora, IL) is recalling specific code dates of HERB-OX® beef, vegetable, and chicken granular bouillon products because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Mincing Overseas Spice Company (Dayton, NJ) is recalling black pepper Lots 3258 and 3309 because of possible contamination with Salmonella. Black pepper was not distributed at retail level and was shipped to FL, IA, IL, IN, MA, OK, NJ, NY, PA, RI, TX and WI.
- Food Safety Recall: McCormick & Company, Incorporated is initiating a recall of products manufactured with hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors of Las Vegas, Nevada, because the ingredient has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Brookshire's advises its customers that Louisiana Fish Fry Dirty Rice Mix has been recalled by the manufacturer due to the risk that an ingredient may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Oregon Oyster Farms, Inc. recalls oyster meat and oysters in the shell harvested in Yaquina Bay, Newport, Oregon from February 1–24, 2010 after oysters from Oregon were linked to cases of Norovirus gastroenteritis.
- Food Safety Recall: OM Seafood Company recalls oyster meat and oysters in the shell harvested in Yaquina Bay, Newport, Oregon from February 1–24, 2010 after oysters from Oregon were linked to cases of Norovirus gastroenteritis.
- Food Safety Recall: BJ's notifies its customers that I Sifol LLC is conducting a voluntary recall of its Indian Hills Brown Basmati Rice due to the presence of insects (weevils) in some of these products.
- Allergy Alert: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency alerts consumers that several Honig brand soup products (imported from the Netherlands) contain undeclared egg or milk and have been recalled by the importers. The recalled soup products were distributed nationally.
- Allergy Alert: Les produits de viande fumée du Québec recalls specific date codes of Salade de patates (potato salad) and Salade de macaroni (macaroni salad) that contain undeclared soy and/or egg.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Tesco has withdrawn four varieties of its sandwiches with 'use by' dates of 5 March 2010 and 6 March 2010, because the Lollo Bionda lettuce used in the sandwiches might be contaminated with slug pellets.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Medical Device Recall (Saudi Arabia): LifeScan recalls one production lot of One Touch Sure Step test strips because the product may generate lower test results when a patient’s blood glucose value is greater than 500 mg/dL (27.8 mmol/L).
- Cosmetic Products Safety Alert and Seizure (Philippines): The Food and Drug Administration seizes several imported cosmetic products because they contain excessive levels of mercury and are injurious to health.
- Food Safety Recall (Hong Kong): The Centre for Food Safety alerts consumers to the recall of imported 'Hawaiian Kettle Style Potato Chips - Sweet Maui Onion' that has been recalled by the manufacturer due to possible contamination with Salmonella.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Alert (Hong Kong): The Department of Health alerts consumers to avoid purchasing or using the slimming product "Marsha Slim Plus" as it was found to contain undeclared western drug ingredients that may cause serious side effects.
Australia and New Zealand
- Dietary Supplement Enforcement Action (Australia): The New South Wales government issues two penalty notices to Pure Natural Health Pty Ltd for making unsubstantiated nutritional claims for its Lemon Detox product.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.