If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: USDA publishes retail distribution list for foods recalled by NY Gourmet Salads Inc.
- Food Safety Recall: Tastefully Simple recalls select 1.1-ounce retail packages and 0.3-ounce samples of Toasted Garlic & Parmesan Cheese Ball Mix because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: The Kroger Company recalls Kroger California Seasoning Blend Garlic Powder and Kroger Special Seasoning Blend Lemon Pepper because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled items were sold in Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, Fry's, King Soopers, Smith's, Dillons, QFC, City Market, Foods Co., Jay C, Scott's, Owen's, Baker's, Gerbes, Hilander and Pay Less stores in 31 states.
- Food Safety Recall: Emmi - Roth Käse USA recalls approximately 1,971 total individual containers of 7 ounce and 2 pound Spreadables brand Crab Creole and Shrimp Scampi cheese spreads because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: GFN Foods, LLC recalls Gluten-Free Naturals Pancake Mix, Gluten-Free Naturals Light & Moist Yellow Cake Mix and Gluten-Free Naturals Cookie Blend Flour, because they may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled items were made using an ingredient supplied by Thumb Oilseed Producers Cooperative (Ubly, MI).
- Food Safety Recall: Buehler's recalls all lot codes of Buehler's Market Bread Dressing, because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Frisch's Restaurant, Inc. that a September 2009 inspection and a limited January 2010 follow-up inspection of its seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Venus Foods Inc. that a September 2009 inspection of its seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- Food Safety Recall: Lay's brand Smokey Bacon Flavour Potato Chips recalled because they may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled potato chips were manufactured in Canada using hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors and distributed across Canada.
- Food Safety Recall: Magasin Coop de Plessisville (Plessisville, QC) recalls Coop IGA #141 BBQ Peanuts, because the nuts may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0333): Oxamyl (pesticide residue) in tomatoes from Turkey; distributed in Hungary.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0334): Suspicion of attempt to illegally import pink salmon roe (Onchorhyncus gorbuscha) from the United States; distributed in Finland.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Product Recall (Hong Kong): Neochem Pharmaceutical Laboratories, a licensed drug manufacturer, is recalling two products Neo-Celemine Syrup (Registration Number HK-24685) and Betamine Syrup (Registration Number HK-24681), which were found to contain lower than registered content in one of their active ingredients, betamethasone. Individuals who have used these products are advised to consult their doctors.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Heng Fai Trading Co. Pty. Ltd recalls Heng Fai Brand ® Dried Seaweed (Sargassum fusiforme) 150g due to high levels of naturally occurring iodine. The recalled seaweed was sold in Queensland and New South Wales.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.