If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: USDA posts retail distribution list for Enchilada Products recalled by Fernando's Food Corporation due to the presence of undeclared milk.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns NY Fish, Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) that an October/November 2009 inspection revealed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in the processing facility. In addition, FDA investigators observed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation, and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Double B Dairy, LLC (Wendell, ID) about violations of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, including the presence of an antibiotic residue in edible tissues of a dairy cow that was sold for slaughter.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Cucina Fresca, Inc. (Seattle, WA) that an October/November 2009 inspection of its seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation, and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Seoul Trading Inc. (Auburn, WA) that an October 2009 inspection of the company's food storage, repacking, and importer facility revealed serious deviations from the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods (CGMPs) relating to rice, beans, spices, and other packaged food products.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Do It Best recalls children's bicycle bells, manufactured by Botou Baite Bike Bell Co. Ltd., of Botou City, China because the red paint contains excessive lead levels. The recalled bicycle bells were sold at Dollar Stores and Do It Best Hardware stores nationwide from August 2008 through August 2009.
- Food Safety Recall: The Quebec Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPAQ) has initiated recalls of various nut products (including peanuts, cashews and almonds) that were processed using hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors. The recalled nut products may be contaminated with Salmonella and should be discarded or returned to the place of purchase.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Thai Supermarket recalls Freshly cut basil (Holy Basil), Batch 53/03393-03, imported from Thailand (produced by Mr. Green Thailand) because the basil is contaminated with Salmonella and E. coli.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Italia Catering recalls all foods sold to restaurants (primarily in the Copenhagen area) because the company is not registered as food processor, nor as an importer of food. The company has no self regulation and has failed to demonstrate the origin of where and when goods are purchased, their storage or how they were handled.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Scan Choco A/S recalls Mini marzipan bread in plastic boxes of 2 kg because of mold contamination in the product.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0352): Unauthorised triamcinolone acetonide (veterinary residu) in horse meat from Mexico, via the Netherlands; distributed in Belgium.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0353): Norovirus in oysters from France; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0354): Listeria monocytogenes in filled and frozen croissant from Italy; distributed in Romania.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0355): Migration of cadmium and of lead from rim of glass mugs from China; distributed in Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0356): Unlabelled irradiation of chicken-flavour Japanese noodle soup from Hungary, via Germany; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0357): Salmonella typhimurium DT 193 - multiresistant (in 2 out of 12 samples) in boneless fatless eye-loin pork from Spain; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0358): Listeria monocytogenes (>100 CFU/g) in meatballs from Germany; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0359): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled hake (Merluccius merluccius) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0362): Listeria monocytogenes in jambon de Bayonne from France; distributed in Cyprus and Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0364): Aerobic plate count (2,098,000 CFU/ml) too high for raw cow milk from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0365): Cadmium in Cancer pagurus from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0366): Oxamyl (pesticide) in fresh white pepper from Turkey; distributed in the Czech Republic.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.