If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Modern Products, Inc. (Alameda, CA) recalls a number of seasoning blends that contain hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors that may contain Salmonella. The recalled products were sold in retail stores nationwide.
- OTC Product Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare recalls certain production lots of Children's Tylenol®, and Children's Zyrtec® due to stability concerns, as the recalled products were packaged in bottles that did not meet wall thickness specifications. The recall is wholesale-level and does not represent a safety concern.
- OTC Product Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare recalls certain production lots of Infant's Tylenol®, Infant's Motrin® and Children's Zyrtec® because of concerns that the expiration date may become smudged or illegible as a result of consumer handling. The recall is wholesale-level and does not represent a safety concern.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency advises consumers that certain production codes of No Name Cream of Leek Soup Mix have been recalled because they were manufactured using hydrolyzed vegetable protein from Basic Food Flavors that may contain Salmonella.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Groupe Dynamite, Inc. recalls Garage Beaded String Bracelets and Antique Silver Bracelets (manufactured in China) because they contain lead in excess of the allowable limit.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Heineken UK recalls cans of Murphy's Draught Irish Stout with a 'best before' date of 31 December 2010 and a batch code of L9348, because the product has been incorrectly packaged in Murphy’s Draught Style Stout Pasteurized Beer cans. The mislabelled cans do not mention that the product contains barley gluten.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): WP Meat A/S recalls lightly salted sliced roast porkloin after Salmonella was detected. The recalled meat was sold to wholesalers and catering businesses throughout Denmark.
- Food Recall (Denmark): Dalby Molle A/S recalls Guldsol almond oatmeal because the product contains straw fragments over the allowable limit. The recalled product was sold in Lidl stores throughout Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0395): Aflatoxins in ground hazelnuts from Turkey; distributed in Germany.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0396): Salmonella Amsterdam and Salmonella Edmonton in dog chew from India; notified by Germany and distributed in Switzerland.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0397): Salmonella anatum in dog chew from Turkey; notified by Germany and distributed in Switzerland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0398): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled anchovy from Croatia; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0399): Cadmium (heavy metal) in frozen whole squids from Thailand; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0400): Salmonella Montevideo in food supplement from the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Product Recall (Hong Kong): Neochem Pharmaceutical Laboratories recalls U-Caine Lozenges (Batch No. 081228, sold in bulk packs) because the indicated batch contains only 50% of the specified amount of benzocaine.
Australia and New Zealand
- Pharmaceutical Product Recall (New Zealand): Mylan New Zealand recalls Respigen asthma inhaler (Batch No. 9F282A, expires May 2012) because the product does not contain the required amount of the active ingredient, salbutamol.
- Cookbook Recall (New Zealand): Southern Publishing Group recalls The Happy Baby Cookbook because it contains recipes for pregnant women made with ingredients the New Zealand Food Safety Authority (NZFSA) considers could be harmful in pregnancy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.