If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
United StatesFood Safety Recall: CaiE Foods Limited (Sparks, NV) recalls approximately 12,382 pounds of assorted Asian-style meat and poultry products, including steamed buns and oriental-style dumplings, because they were produced without the benefit of federal inspection.
Food Safety Recall: Julia's Spices Inc. (City of Industry, CA) recalls all hulled sesame seeds (also known as white sesame seeds) distributed between November 17, 2009 and February 25,2010, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The seeds were sold through retailers in California and Utah.Food Safety Recall: Spice Industrial Group Inc. (City of Industry, CA) recalls LIAN HOW WHITE SESAME SEEDS supplied by Specialty Commodities Corp. and distributed from November 6 to December 11, 2009, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled seeds were packaged in 5lb white plastic bags with Specialty Commodities Corp. labels and distributed to retail markets, restaurants and wholesalers in Southern California.
Food Spoilage Recall: Ukrop's advises consumers that Full Circle Organic Salted and Unsalted Butters (all Use By codes between 4/26/2010 and 8/8/10) have been recalled due to mold growth on the surface of the butter.
Food Alert Update: Stonyfield Farm has clarified the status of Oikos Greek Yogurt with the following statement:
The US military issued a withdrawal back in January based on one complaint of illness. The product was tested and found within specifications and safe for consumption.
Price Chopper removed Oikos Vanilla with a code of 4/1/10 from their shelves because they found some cups to be bloated. This was not a food safety issue. The product had spoiled prematurely.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0318): Oxamyl (pesticide residue) in white peppers and hot peppers from Jordan; distributed in Hungary.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0319): Unauthorised use of colour E 127 - erythrosine in food supplement for sportsmen from Germany, via the Netherlands; distributed in Finland and the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0320): Ochratoxin A (mycotoxin) in organic dried raisins from Turkey, via the United Kingdom; distributed in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0321): Norovirus in "Normandie" oysters from France; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0322): Norovirus in "Isigny" oysters from France; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0323): Norovirus in "Utah" oysters from France; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0325): Listeria monocytogenes (up to 1500 CFU/g) in vacuum packed dried grison meat from France, with raw material from Switzerland; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0326): Oxamyl (pesticide residue) in tomatoes from Morocco, via France; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0327): Unauthorised irradiation of dried shredded squid from China, via the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0328): Insect infestation (Sitophilus oryzae) in sweet microwave popcorn from France; distributed in Guernsey, Jersey and the United Kingdom.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.