If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: USDA posts retail distribution list for Windsor Foods recall of ready-to-eat products.
- Food Safety Recall: Spice Barn, Inc. recalls Malabar Peppercorns (Lot MTC-3258) and Ground Black Pepper (Lot MO-3258T), because they may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled pepper was distributed to customers in VT, NY, PA, MA, GA, VA, CA, TX, CO, MO, WA, FL, AL, MI, AZ, AR, and WA.
- Food Safety Recall: C. H. Guenther & Son, Inc. recalls several products containing a pepper ingredient that may have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The products are part of the Sunbird Seasonings, Williams Wings Seasonings and Williams Gumbo Soup lines and were sold through grocery, warehouse and other retail outlets across the United States.
- Food Safety Recall: Tops Friendly Markets recalls Tops Pork Gravy Mix, 1 oz. (Code dates W9327B & W9328B) because the gravy mix contains pepper that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: California Department of Public Health (CDPH), warns consumers not to eat Darrell Lea Yogurt Coated Soft Eating Raspberry Liquorice because CDPH tests found four times the recommended total daily exposure levels of lead. Darrell Lea Chocolate Shops Pty. Ltd. of Australia (the manufacturer of the candy) is partnering with the US distributor to ensure that the contaminated candies are removed from the market.
- Allergy Alert: Metro Richelieu Inc. recalls Pouding au riz (rice pudding) and Poitrine de Poulet Cordon Bleu Jambon et Fromage (Cordon Bleu chicken breast with ham and cheese), because they contain undeclared peanuts, nuts, sesame, sulfites, wheat, soy, milk and eggs.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency warns consumers to avoid Frontier Whole Black Peppercorn L/M (Lampong / Malabar), sold in 453 g/16 oz packages bearing UPC 0 89836 00183 2 and lot codes 9299, 9306 and 9357. Some of the product may have been sold in bulk, without specific identification. The peppercorns may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency warns the public not to consume La Cocina Cheese Flavoured Tortilla Chips and Grandma Emily's BBQ Lounge Mix, because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0340): Mould infestation in dried pitted prunes from France, packaged in the Slovak Republic, via Germany; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0341): Excess content of nitrite in natural mineral water from Ukraine; distributed in Estonia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0342): Mercury (1.73 mg/kg - ppm) in swordfish fillets (Xiphias gladius) from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0343): Salmonella Heidelberg (presence /25g) in frozen boneless skinless chicken fillets from Argentina; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0345): Unauthorised operator for and insufficient labelling of ayurvedic food supplement from unknown origin, via Italy; distributed in Austria, the Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Italy, Slovenia, Spain and Switzerland.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0346): Dioxins (32,7 pg WHO TEQ/g) in vitamin A - palmitate from China, used in feed premixes from Germany; distributed in Austria, Germany, Kuwait, the Netherlands and Spain.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0347): Migration of nickel (4.4 mg/l) from barbeque cookwear from China; distributed in Slovenia and Ukraine.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0348): Migration of formaldehyde (70.8; 210.7; 292.7 mg/kg - ppm) and too high level of total migration (16.5; 27.4; 28.9 mg/dm²) from plastic spatulas from China; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0349): Traces of gluten (>80 mg/kg - ppm) in filled corn rolls from Syria, via the Czech Republic; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0350): Unauthorized E 210 - benzoic acid and E 200 - sorbic acid in minced meat product from Poland; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0351): Migration of isopropyl thioxanthone (ITX), of 2-methyl-4-(methylthio)-2-morpholinopropiophenone, of ethyl-4-dimethylaminobenzoate and of 2.4-diethyl thioxanthone (DETX) from packaging of fresh cheese with fine herbs from Denmark; distributed in Germany.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Peoples Republic of China): Chongqing food safety authorities seize 11 tons of White Rabbit Creamy Candy that was as much as five years beyond its expiry date.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.