If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Barcel recalls Barcel Tostachos, 3.17 oz (Lot #AUG1110, AUG1810, AUG2510, SEP0110) because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Top Food & Drug recalls Muchi Curry Powder, Hot (UPC 089836-001382; Lots 0004, 9350), because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): USDA posts updated retail distribution list for products recalled by Daniele International, Inc.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): The Kroger Company amends code date information for its recall of Kroger California Seasoning Blend Garlic Powder. The recalled item may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Alert: USDA alerts US consumers that certain ready-to-eat meats produced in Canada by Siena Foods Ltd. may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. USDA has been notified by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency that some of the recalled products might have been exported to the USA. A Siena product has been linked by genetic fingerprinting to two cases of listeriosis in Ontario, Canada.
- Food Safety Recall: Produce Valley, Inc. recalls Produce Valley Toasted Onion Dip Mix (Date Code 101200), because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled item was distributed to supermarkets in the Southwestern USA.
- Pharmaceutical Safety Alert: FDA orders Glenmark Generics (Mahwah, NJ) and Konec Inc. (Tucson, AZ) to stop marketing unapproved nitroglycerin tablets. Consumers who currently take these medications should consult their physicians.
- FDA Enforcement Action: FDA seeks permanent injunction against Chau Sprouting Co., a sprout grower in Gretna, LA, company owner and manager Quang “Mike” Trinh, and Hue Nguyen, the company production manager. The Defendants are charged with preparing, packing, and holding sprouts under insanitary conditions, where they may have become contaminated with filth.
- Stolen Pharmaceutical Products Alert: H-E-B is working with law enforcement authorities to recover cases of over-the-counter (OTC) and dietary supplements that were stolen in Dallas, Texas from a tractor trailer that was headed to H-E-B on March 3, 2010. Please follow the live link to access a complete list of the stolen items.
- Food Safety Recall: Marché Bamyam Inc. (4311 rue Notre-Dame, Laval, QC) recalls BBQ Peanuts, sold in bulk, that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Canadian Food Inspection Agency alerts consumers to several additional Frontier seasoning blends, which were imported into Canada from the USA, and that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): CM-Food recalls frozen chicken from Argentina due to Salmonella contamination.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0335): Undeclared gluten (7750 mg/kg - ppm) in buckwheat flour from Nepal; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0337): Parasitic infestation with nematodes of various chilled fish from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0338): Bulging packaging of beef and vegetable paté for dogs from France; distributed in France, Portugal, Romania and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0339): Streptomycin (43 µg/kg - ppb) in honey from Mexico; distributed in the United Kingdom.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Prescription Drug Alert: The Saudi Food and Drug Authority its authorization of the diabetes drug Avandia® (Rosiglitazone) due to safety concerns.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.