If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Ed Roller, Inc. (Rochester, NY) recalls Wegmans Food You Feel Good About® Medium Seafood Sauce, 9 ounce glass jar, UPC #77890 84032, because the product may contain undeclared soy and anchovies.
- Food Safety Recall: Mrs. Gerry's Kitchen (Albert Lea, MN) recalls Old Fashioned Spinach Dip and Old Home Spinach Dip after being advised that the hydrolyzed vegetable protein ingredient used in the dips may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled products were sold to retailers and distributors in MN, IA, SD, ND, NE, KS, CO, WI, MI, IL and MO.
- Food Safety Recall: Old Home Foods, Inc. recalls Old Home Spinach Dip (UPC 7032200492) because an ingredient used to make the dip may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Fresh Food Concepts, Inc. (Buena Park, CA) recalls certain production codes of Delicioso, De la Casa, Rojo's and Fresh Food Concepts brand Spinach Dips and Fresh Food Concepts Spinach Dip with Yogurt because an ingredient used in those products has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0266): Elevated aerobic plate count in natural mineral water from Lithuania; distributed in Estonia.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0267): Unauthorised novel food Stevia rebaudiana from Hungary; distributed in Hungary.
- Food Safety Notiifcation (2010.0268): Elevated sulphite in apricot jam from Bosnia and Herzegovina; distributed in Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0269): Mercury (1.61; 1.95; 1.54 mg/kg - ppm) in chilled smoked tuna fillets from Spain, dispatched from Lithuania; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0270): Salmonella spp. in sausages from Italy; distributed in Germany and Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0271): Salmonella enteritidis in raw milk cheese from France; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0273): Benzo(a)pyrene in valerian root from the United States; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0274): Aluminium in vermicelli rice from China; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0275): Listeria monocytogenes (presence /25g) in frozen pangasius fillets from the Netherlands; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0277): Plastic fragments in sliced cheddar from the United Kingdom; distributed in Germany and the UK.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0278): Salmonella spp. in salami from Italy; distributed in France, Italy and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (2010.0279): Green algae at the base of the bottle (unfit for human consumption) in oligomineral natural water from Italy; distributed in Malta.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Imported Pet Food Advisory (Taiwan): The Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine (BAPHIQ) warns residents of Taiwan about importing pet food from abroad after inspectors from the Consumer Production Commission and the Taipei County government found pet food at a pet store in Taipei County containing U.S. beef and offal.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.