If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): USDA posts updated retail distribution list for Daniele International, Inc. processed meat recall.
- Food Safety Recall: The Kroger Co. recalls two Onion Soup & Dip mixes that may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled products were sold in Kroger, Dillons, Fry's, King Soopers, City Market, Smith's, Food 4 Less, Jay C, Scott's, Owen's, Baker's, Gerbes, Hilander and Pay Less stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Olde Westport Spice recalls 5- and 10-oz. jars and 20-oz. bags of Garden Harvest Special Blend Seasoning because an ingredient used in the product has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled seasoning blend was sold online at www.oldwestportspice.com, at food and craft shows in Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas and Colorado and at limited specialty gift shops located in Kansas and Missouri between November 1, 2009 and February 28, 2010.
- Food Safety Recall: Mrs. Gerry's Kitchen, Inc. recalls Old Fashioned and Old Home brands of Spinach Dip, because the dips contain an ingredient that might be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled products were sold to retailers and distributors in MN, IA, SD, ND, NE, KS, CO, WI, MI, IL, and MO.
- Food Safety Recall: Frito-Lay recalls Quaker Baked Cheddar Snack Mix, because it was manufactured using an ingredient (hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors) that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Frontier Natural Products Co-op recalls black pepper and seasoning blends, sold under the Frontier Natural Products Co-op and Wholefoods Market brand names, because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella
- Food Safety Recall: Canadian Food Inspection Agency alerts consumers to recall of Selection Roasted BBQ Peanuts (400g and 700g sizes), which may be contaminated with Salmonella because the product contains hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): INCO Denmark recalls four batches of French oysters due to Norovirus contamination.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0294): Salmonella Senftenberg (presence /25g) in shelled sesame seeds from unknown origin; distributed in Austria, Germany and Mauritius.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0295): Excessive E 210 - benzoic acid and of E 200 - sorbic acid in frozen liquor from the United States; distributed in Slovenia.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0297): Salmonella Havana in rape seed meal from the Czech Republic, via Germany; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0300): Fluazifop-P (pesticide) in broccoli from Italy; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0301): Ethephon (pesticide) in small pineapples from Mauritius, via the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0302): Triazophos (pesticide) in curry leaves (Murraya koenigii or Bergera Koenigii) from India; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0303): Unauthorised import of shrimps from Vietnam, via Belgium; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0304): Histamine in chilled yellowfin tuna (Thunnus albacares) from Sri Lanka; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0305): Unauthorised nitrite in sliced smoked salmon from Denmark; distributed in Denmark and Australia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0306): Cypermethrin (pesticide) in black eyed beans from Madagascar; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0307): Monocrotophos and dimethoate (pesticides) in chillies from Zimbabwe; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0308): Benzo(a)pyrene in smoked fish balls in tomato sauce from Latvia; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0309): Formetanate and clofentezine (pesticides) in fresh peppers from Turkey, via Germany; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0310): Salmonella typhimurium in frozen sausages with bolognese sauce from Italy; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0311): Fraudulent health certificate(s) for bresaola (cured beef) from Brazil; distributed in France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and Norway.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.