If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Orval Kent Foods Company recalls Culinary Circle, Albertsons and Jewel brand Dips, because they contain hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors, and may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Ventura Foods, LLC recalls seven Dean's Dip products, because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Procter & Gamble recalls Pringles Restaurant Cravers Cheeseburger potato crisps and Pringles Family Faves Taco Night potato crisps, because they contain hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors and may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Publix recalls four varieties of seasoning mixes that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Nature's Variety expands earlier nationwide recall to include all raw frozen chicken diets with "Best if Used By" dates on or before 2/5/11. The company took this action to clear all outstanding inventory of product that may be contamination with Salmonella, and has implemented High Pressure Pasteurization on all of its raw products.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Alfred's Design (d.b.a. Hidden Hollow Beads) recalls Alfred's Design brand Baby Bracelets and Pacifier Clips due to a lead hazard.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Chandigarh Fashion Inc. recalls imported children's bracelets because the surface coating contains excessive levels of lead.
- Food Safety Recall: Canadian Food Inspection Agency alerts consumers to recall of H.K. Anderson Pretzel Bites - Honey Mustard and President's Choice Honey Mustard flavour Pretzel Nuggets (imported from the USA) due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall: Costco Canada alerts consumers to recall of Imperial Stir Fry (Item #16914) due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Stryhns AS recalls First Price brand Mayonnaise due to mold growth in the product.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Singapore): The Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority advises consumers not to purchase or consume McCormick French Onion Dip Mix, which has been recalled due to possible Salmonella contamination.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.