If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Neco Foods LLC, in concert with Publix Super Markets, recalls Publix Private Label Brand Potato, Cheddar & Bacon Soup, because the product contains milk that is not declared on the label.
- Food Safety Recall: Dutch Valley Food Distributors, Inc. recalls Bulk Foods Inc. brand black pepper products, seasoning mixes and dip mixes because the black pepper supplied by Mincing Overseas Spice Company may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Ruiz Foods, Inc. (Denison, TX) recalls approximately 115,700 pounds of a ready-to-eat (RTE) beef product that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Windsor Foods (Lampasas, TX and Oakland, MS) recalls approximately 1.7 million pounds of ready-to-eat (RTE) beef taquito and chicken quesadilla products that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: N.K. Hurst Company recalls Hurst's Beef 15 Bean Soup, because it may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Giant Eagle recalls Giant Eagle brand Onion Gravy Mix that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Nutritional Resources, Inc. recalls Healthwise Cream of Mushroom Soup that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Ritacco's Market (Westerly, RI) recalls all ready-to-eat dry cured sausage products manufactured at the facility because they may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recall was initiated after a soprosata (sopressata) sample collected by the Rhode Island Department of Health tested positive for Salmonella typhimurium.
- Food Safety Recall: ACH Food Companies, Inc. recalls certain French's, Durkee and Weber brands of Italian seasoning and spaghetti sauce mixes that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Scotty's Inc. that an August 2009 inspection of the company's food processing facility revealed insanitary conditions and violations of Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR) Part 110: Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Human Food.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Lucky Farm Inc. that a September/October 2009 inspection of the company's bean sprouting facility revealed significant insanitary conditions, including evidence of rodent infestation.
- Food Safety Recall: Canadian Food Inspection Agency alerts consumers to recall of Sabatini's spinach and vegetable dips and Mom's Pantry All Dressed Popcorn Seasoning that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Moonstruck Organic Cheese recalls White Moon, Savoury Moon, and Ash-Ripened varieties of Camembert cheese that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, after routine sampling by the British Columbia government found the pathogen in a sample. The recalled cheese was sold through retailers in British Columbia.
- "Natural" Health Product Alert: Health Canada alerts consumers that the unapproved health product Power-Max contains the erectile dysfunction drug sildenafil, and may cause serious side effects.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Sainsbury's withdraws mislabeled pots of Mandarin Jelly, which contain undeclared milk, egg and wheat gluten.
- Allergy Alert (Ireland): Foxhill Foods Ltd. (UK) recalls three batches of Basil Pesto, which may contain undeclared cheese.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Nordic Food Partners A/S recalls three varieties of Organic Brown Rice due to mold contamination.
Australia and New Zealand
- Dietary Supplement Safety Alert (Australia): The Therapeutic Goods Administration alerts consumers that Botanical Slimming 100% Natural Soft Gel (a.k.a. Meizitang), which is sold over the internet, contains the prescription-only drug sibutramine, which may cause serious side-effects.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.