If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Rudolph Foods Company, Inc. (San Bernardino, CA) recalls approximately 186 pounds of Baken-ets Fried Pork Skins because the "Hot'N Spicy" version was packaged in a "Traditional" bag. The "Hot'N Spicy" fried pork skins contain monosodium glutamate (MSG), which is not declared on the "Traditional" fried pork skins' label.
- Food Safety Recall: Nestlé Professional North America (Cleveland, OH) recalls approximately 6,000 pounds of a ready-to-eat (RTE) bacon base product that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Herr Foods Inc. recalls Herr's Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt Flavor Kettle-Style Potato Chips because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Ventura Foods LLC recalls seven varieties of Dean's® Dips because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: GNS Foods recalls certain Great Nut Supply, Spec's Wine & Fine Foods, and Rouses Louisiana's Best snacks, because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency alerts consumers to the recall of several Quaker, No Name, Compliments and Family's Best products, that were manufactured in the USA (Quaker product) or Canada using hydrolyzed vegetable protein recalled by Basic Food Flavors Inc. due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall: Costco Canada recalls Flav-R-Pac Imperial Stir Fry (Item #16914), because it may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0292): Undeclared milk ingredient in green basil pesto from the United Kingdom; distributed in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0286): Salmonella in curry powder from Germany; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0287): Presence of slug pellets in Lollo Bionda lettuce from France; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0288): Listeria monocytogenes in frozen Pangasius fillet (Pangasius hypophthalmus) from Vietnam; distributed in Italy.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0289): Dioxins in dried meal made from Ascophyllum nodosum from Ireland; distributed in Ireland and Japan.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0290): Listeria monocytogenes (present /25g) in peeled shrimps processed in Morocco, with raw material from Canada; distributed in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0291): Ethion and thiophanate-methyl (pesticides) in strawberries from Egypt; distributed in Hungary.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0293): Penicillium moulds in butter from Poland; distributed in Slovakia.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.