- Allergy Alert: Snax In Pax, Inc. (Topeka, IN) recalls a number of products because they contain undeclared milk.
- Food Safety Recall (2nd Notice): Unilever United States, Inc. recalls all Slim-Fast® ready-to-drink (RTD) products in cans, due to the possibility of contamination with Bacillus cereus, a food poisoning bacterium.
- Food Safety Recall: The Texas Department of State Health Services recalls all oysters harvested from San Antonio Bay between November 16th and November 25th following reports that a dozen people in North Carolina and South Carolina have been sickened by norovirus after consuming the oysters.
- Food Safety Recall: Beef Packers, Inc. (Fresno, CA) recalls approximately 22,723 pounds of ground beef products because of contamination with a strain of Salmonella Newport that has been linked to two cases of salmonellosis in Arizona. The recalled ground beef was shipped to a retail distribution center in Arizona and repackaged. Safeway, Inc. has recalled fresh ground beef products with “Sell By” dates of Sept. 28 through Oct. 11, 2009. The Safeway recall affects all of its stores in Arizona, and one store in New Mexico in the city of Gallup. A complete retail distribution list is not yet available.
- Pharmaceutical Recall: Paladin Labs Inc. (Montreal, QC), the manufacturer of the prescription asthma drug Zaditen, recalls lot #440494, which is packaged as blisters of 14 - 1mg tablets. Lot #440494 has been found to have less of its active pharmaceutical ingredient (ketotifen) than indicated on the label.
- Food Safety Recall (Expanded): The Canadian Food Inspection Agency advises consumers that Salmonella-contaminated cream cheese that was recalled by Liberté Natural Foods earlier this week was used to prepare a number of cream cheese products. The original recall notice has been expanded to include certain cream cheese products that were sold in Ontario at Loblaw's, Sobey's, Metro, Real Canadian Superstore, Your Independent Grocer, Fortinos, Zehrs, Daiter's Fresh Market, Leslieville Cheese Market, and Galati Market Fresh. Please use the live link to access a list of affected products. CFIA is continuing to investigate where else the recalled cream cheese may have been sold.
- Feed Safety Notification (EU #2009.1688): Too high count of Enterobacteriaceae in fish meal from Peru, dispatched from the Netherlands; distributed in Belgium.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1687): Omethoate (pesticide) in eggplant (aubergines) from Thailand; distributed in Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1686): Triazophos (pesticide) in fresh chilli peppers from Thailand; distributed in Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1685): Salmonella Ohio in frozen marinated chicken breasts fillets from Germany; distributed in Slovenia.
- Feed Safety Notification (EU #2009.1684): Salmonella Thompson in organic rape cakes from Romania; distributed in Finland.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2009.1683): Undeclared milk ingredient in organic pure chocolate covered cereal cakes from the Czech Republic; distributed in Andorra and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1682): Mercury (0.916 mg/kg - ppm) in frozen snapper (Pagrus auratus) from New Zealand; distributed in Austria, Germany, Italy and Switzerland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1681): Aflatoxins in roasted pistachio nuts from Turkey; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1680): Mercury (2.21 mg/kg - ppm) in yellow fin tuna loins (Thunnus Albacares) from Sri Lanka; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1679): Mercury (1.43 mg/kg - ppm) in sliced frozen blue shark (Prionace glauca) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1676): Tryptamine in preserved anchovy from the United Kingdom; distributed in Ireland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1674): Aflatoxins in sun dried figs from Greece; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1675): Mercury in gulper shark (Centrophorus squamosus) from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1673): Unauthorized tetracycline in honey from India; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1672): Salmonella typhimurium ((4,5,12:i:1,2)) in ruccola lettuce from Italy, via Denmark; distributed in Norway.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1671): Pesticide residues in green tea from Japan, via the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1670): Aluminium in quick cooking noodles from China, via Germany; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1669): Mineral oil in walnut oil from the United States; distributed in Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.