- Allergy Alert: Publix Super Markets recalls Publix Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Pie, because it was mislabeled and may contain undeclared pecans. The mislabeled pies were distributed in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina.
- Food Safety Recall: Janzen Farms (Dayton, OR) recalls hazelnut kernels because the product has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Consumer Product (Toy) Recall: Kendamaspot LLC (Redmond, WA) recalls Oozora and Shin-Fuji Kendama Japanese wooden skill ball toys because the surface paint coating on the ball contains excessive levels of lead.
- Consumer Product (Toy) Recall: Toy Investments Inc (Sumner, WA) recalls Flashing Eyeball Glideball because the toy – made in China – contains low viscosity petroleum distillates, which are strictly prohibited in children's toys in Canada. The recalled toys were sold exclusively in Pier 1 stores across Canada from September 2009 to December 2009.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): CM-Food recalls Whole fresh chilled turkey breast, Lot No. 091203801;Production Date 04/12/2009; Best before 18.12.2009; Produced at the company Abakus in Poland (authorization number PL28153902 WE) and imported into Denmark by CM-FOOD, because Salmonella has been detected in the refrigerated raw turkey breasts.
- Food Safety Alert Update (UK): The UK Food Standards Agency reminds the public not to consume Pakstar Curried Chick Peas, 400g cans with ‘Best before’ dates of August 2012, September 2012, October 2012, November 2012 and December 2012. The cans of Pakstar brand Curried Chick Peas were been produced on a West Yorkshire premises that has been served with a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Order, because of food hygiene contraventions and insufficient canning controls.
- Food Safety Alert Update (UK): The UK distributor of Bonsoy Soy Milk has have taken action to quarantine all existing stocks of the product in the UK and notify all their customers to withdraw the product from sale. Consumers are advised that Bonsoy Soy Milk may contain excessive amounts of iodine, and has been linked to at least 10 reports of thyroid problems in Australia. The affected products have best before dates up to and including 3 November 2011 and are distributed in 1 litre Tetra Pack containers.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2009.1784): Migration of formaldehyde from melamine salad spoon from unknown origin; distributed in Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1785): Aluminium fragments in nutcake from Germany; distributed in Germany, Luxembourg and Malta.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1786): Aflatoxins in groundnuts for birdseed from Mozambique; distributed in the United Kingdom.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.