- Food Safety Recall: Kunze Farms (Dayton, OR) recalls 32,950 lbs. of hazelnut kernels that may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled nuts were distributed to processors and wholesalers in Dayton, OR; Milton-Freewater, OR; Hauppauge, NY; Mesa, AZ; Cottonwood, AZ; Seattle, WA; Ogden, UT; San Antonio, TX.; and Parker, CO.
- Food Safety Recall: Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment provides list of recalled hazelnut products that were either sold to retail customers in the state, or were processed or packed in Colorado. Please use live link to navigate to list of items.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Recall: Procter & Gamble recalls Vicks® DayQuil® Cold & Flu 24-Count LiquiCaps Bonus Pack due to a labeling error. This product does not contain a child-resistant backing for the blister packs in the box, despite label statements that the product is in child-resistant packaging.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., expands its voluntary recall to include all available product lots of TYLENOL® Arthritis Pain Caplet 100 count bottles, with the distinctive red EZ-OPEN CAP due to consumer reports of an unusual moldy, musty, or mildew-like odor that was associated with nausea, stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Toy Recall: The US Consumer Product Safety Commission and Variety Wholesalers Inc. (Henderson, NC) recall Super Rigs Play Sets toy trucks (imported from China) because the toy truck’s surface coating contains high levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): Match and Smatch supermarkets recall Match brand Nut Oil (Huile de Noix), 50 cl size, because the oil is contaminated with mineral oil.
- Prescription Pharmaceutical Product Recall (France): AFSSAP recalls various brands of anti-inflammatory gel containing ketoprofen (Gel Anti-Inflammatoire au Kétoprofène), because of reports that prescription medications containing this non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug caused serious skin reactions, including eczema and photoallergies.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.