- Food Safety Recall: Whole Foods Market recalls organic raw hazelnuts (filberts) sold in bulk through its stores in California, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Washington because the nuts were part of a batch that was contaminated with Salmonella. The company also recalls non-organic dry roasted hazelnuts (filberts) sold in bulk through its stores in California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington, and non-organic raw hazelnuts (filberts) sold in bulk through its stores in Oregon and Washington.
- Baby Food Recall: Buehlers advises its customers that Nature’s Goodness BB2 Infant Food - Strained Peas & Strained Green Beans has been recalled by the manufacturer due to a mislabeling issue.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Recall: Buehlers advises its customers that Our Family - Ibuprofen 24 ct. Caplets has been recalled due to a mislabeling issue.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): S.A. CORA N.V. recalls lot N° 09/289 of Cora Nut Oil (Huile de Noix), 50 cl. size, because the oil is contaminated with mineral oil.
- Food Safety Recall Update (Denmark): KB Finest A/S updates earlier recall of Smoked Wild Salmon to include: Smoked wild salmon MSC, Pure Nature; sliced 100 g, Lot No. 35378, expiry date 28/12/2009. The recall was triggered by the detection of sodium nitrate and sodium nitrite in the product.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Advisory (EU #2009.1754): Unauthorised substance sibutramine in food supplement from China; distributed in Romania.
- Food Safety Advisory (EU #2009.1755): Unauthorized E 200 - sorbic acid in sour white cabbage from Poland; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Advisory (EU #2009.1757): Diazinon and fenitrothion (pesticides) in snow cabbage (Brassica pekinensis) from Poland; distributed in Poland.
- Food Safety Advisory (EU #2009.1758): Fenpropathrin and ethion (pesticides) in pomegranates from Egypt, via the Czech Republic; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Advisory (EU #2009.1759): DDT in devil's claw root from unknown origin, dispatched from the United Kingdom; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Advisory (EU #2009.1760): Unsuitable organoleptic characteristics and bad hygienic state of chilled beef cuts from Italy; distributed in France.
- Animal Feed Safety Advisory (EU #2009.1761): Aflatoxins in organic maize from Italy; distributed in Sweden.
Australia and New Zealand
- Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (New Zealand): New Zealanders and visitors have been warned not to gather and consume shellfish along the Coromandel and Bay of Plenty coastline, due to reports of paralytic shellfish poisoning.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Unregistered Pharmaceutical Product Alert (Hong Kong): The Department of Health warns consumers not to buy or use a product named "Vegetal Vigra" for managing sexual dysfunction as it was found to contain sildenafil and tadalafil, which may cause serious side effects.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.