- Allergy Alert: Rikki USA, Inc. (Redmond, WA) recalls 168 cases of Toi Sauce Thai Red Curry (Panang), manufactured for the SIAMRICA Co. (Bellevue, WA) because the red curry paste may contain undeclared shrimp.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Okami, Inc. of serious deviations from the Seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Regulation, after an inspection of the Company's Denver, CO facility.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Almi Inc. of misbranding and labeling issues, including incomplete allergen labeling, after inspecting the Company's Philadelphia, PA facility.
- Allergy Alert (Belgium): Unilever Benelux recalls some Maïzena pizza dough (Expiry date, July 2010; Production code L9208CM779 323 from 21:30 to 23:30).
- Allergy Alert (Denmark): Sunny Food II recalls Candied Dried Strawberries and Candied Dried Kiwi due to the presence of undeclared sulfur dioxide and/or sulfites. The items were sold in retail outlets in the Copenhagen area.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): COOP Denmark A / S recalls sliced Xtra Salami, Lot #1282 (product of Germany) due to Salmonella contamination. The recalled products were sold in COOP stores throughout Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1659): Insect infestation in millet flour from Senegal; distributed in Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.