- Food Safety Recall: Burnt Ridge Orchards, Inc. (Onalaska WA) recalls 98 pounds of shelled hazelnuts because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Harrington and Sons (Williston, VT) recalls approximately 68 pounds of fresh ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The recalled meat was supplied to restaurants and a retail establishment in Chittenden County, VT.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Nestle HealthCare Nutrition that its labeling of BOOST Kid Essentials Nutritionally Complete Drink (Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry flavors) is false and misleading in that the product is promoted on the Company's websites as a "medical food" without meeting the statutory criteria of a medical food.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Nestle USA that Juicy Juice Brain Development Fruit Juice Beverage (Apple), Juicy Juice All-Natural 100% Juice Orange Tangerine, and Juicy Juice All-Natural 100% Juice Grape are misbranded, because the product labeling deviates from the requirements of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns JFD Enterprises Inc. t/a Antonio's Bakery (Baltimore, MD) that a July/August 2009 inspection revealed serious violations of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulations for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Burgos Burgos Corporation dba The Sandwich Lady (Silver Spring, MD) that an October 2009 inspection revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation.
- Food Safety Recall: Siena Foods Ltd. (Toronto, ON) recalls Cacciatore Salami, Mild (best before 2010 MA 04) because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled salami is known to have been sold in Ontario and Quebec, but may have been distributed elsewhere in Canada.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): AFSCA (Federal Agency for Food Safety) initiates mandatory recall of Ujino Tsuyu Japanese green tea - Sencha green (imported from Japan) due to the presence of pesticide residues that exceed the legal limit for this product.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): ETS DUMORTIER (Tourcoing Cedex, France) recalls Bouton d'Or brand Nut Oil (Huile de Noix) due to contamination with mineral oil. The recalled oil was sold in Intermarché et Ecomarché stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Ireland): Heinz recalls Heinz Baby Food 100% apple & pear puree 90g pouches (lot no. L9286; manufactured in France) because of a manufacturing fault which causes leaking in a small number of pouches within this batch.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Heinz UK recalls Heinz Baby Food 100% apple & pear puree 90g pouches (lot no. L9286) because of a manufacturing fault which causes leaking in a small number of pouches within this batch.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1762): Salmonella typhimurium in live mussels (Mytilus galloprovincialis) from Spain, dispatched from Italy; distributed in Germany and Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.