- Food Safety Recall: National Steak & Poultry advises its employees and Dock Sale customers of meat recall
- Food Safety Recall (Retail Distribution List): USDA advises consumers that 312 pounds of imported hams, recalled by Associated Grocers of Maine on December 24th due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes, were distributed through 241 individual retail stores in Maine, 4 stores in Massachusetts and 13 in New Hampshire.
- OTC Drug Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare expands earlier recall of Tylenol® Arthritis Pain 100 Count With Ez-Open Cap to include all production lots. We posted this recall when it was first announced, and are repeating the recall notice, since it has finally been added to FDA's Recall website.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Awesome Foods, Inc. (Bridgeport, PA) that several of its products are misbranded, due to incomplete or incorrect allergen or nutritional labeling.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Chuck's Seafoods, Inc. (Charleston, OR) that an August 2009 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns San Simeon Incorporated (Albuquerque, NM) that a July 2009 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious deviations from the Seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Regulations
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1783): Cadmium (0.852 mg/kg - ppm) in crabs (Cancer pagurus) from the United Kingdom; distributed in France, Germany and Spain.
- Food Safety Alert (UK): The UK Food Standards Agency (FSA) alerts consumers to high levels of iodine in Bonsoy Soy Milk. FSA is investigating whether this product has been distributed in the UK.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.