- Allergy Alert: Simple Foods, Inc. (Tonawanda, NY) recalls pre-packaged varieties of Carob Cups, Carob Squares and Carob Rice Cakes, because they may contain undeclared traces of milk. The recalled products were distributed to retail health food stores and food co-ops in California, Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
- Dietary Supplement Recall: Atlas Operations, Inc. (Pompano Beach, FL) recalls dietary supplements for sexual enhancement sold under Lot Numbers 494, 520C, 520B, 520A, 520, 521, 705, 706, 779 & 807, because the supplements contain Sulfoaildenafil, an analog of the erectile dysfunction drug, Sildenafil.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA inspection of Abruzzino's Italian Bakery, LLC (Gypsy, WV) results in issuance of warning letter citing serious violations of Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Human Food (CGMP) regulations, including inadequate pest control and improper storage of raw materials.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Chaur Fong, Inc. (dba 888 Food Company) that an inspection of its South El Monte, CA seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard, Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation, and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice Regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Valley Harvest Nut Company, Inc. (Modesto, CA) that an August 2009 inspection of its almond processing facility revealed that almonds processed at the facility "...have been prepared, packed, or held under insanitary conditions whereby the almonds may have been rendered injurious to health." Multiple environmental samples taken during inspection from locations near to where food is processed contained Salmonella senftenberg.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Newdan Food Trading ApS recalls two batches of imported turkey breasts that were found to be contaminated with antibiotic-resistant Salmonella. The recalled turkey breasts were sold at Kvickly, Kvickly Xtra, Irma and SuperBrugsen stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): KB Finest A/S recalls one lot of Keta salmon, smoked salmon, Whiteline sliced 100g, due to the presence of sodium nitrate and sodium nitrite.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.