- Food Safety Recall: Superior Sausage and Meat Products Ltd. (Toronto, ON) recalls certain batches of Ham Sausages that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled sausages were sold at two locations in Ontario (see live link for details).
- Allergy Alert (UK): Asda recalls Asda ready-to-eat Southern Fried Popcorn Chicken, 190g (Use by: 18 December 2009) due to the presence of undeclared wheat (gluten)
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Gala Food A/S updates earlier recall notice to provide expanded list of salads that may contain metal fragments. The recalled items were sold in grocery stores throughout Denmark.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Recall (UK): DDD Limited recalls Dentinox Teething Gel due to the presence of very small amounts of Glyoxal, a contaminant that can occur naturally in the environment.
- Medical Device Recall (UK): Medtronic Limited recalls all serial numbers of MiniMed Paradigm Veo insulin pump, because of potential malfunctions that could result in an inappropriate insulin administration.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1730): Undeclared sweetener E 954 - saccharin in non alcoholic beverage from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1731): Residues of nicarbazin (feed additive) in chilled young cockerel meat from France; distributed in Belgium.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1732): Migration of colour (red colour) in cake decorator from China; distributed in Poland and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2007.1733): Excessive sulphite in candied pears from China, dispatched from the Netherlands; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2009.1734): Undeclared gluten and unauthorised use of colour E 124 - Ponceau 4R / cochineal red A in sausage from Poland; distributed in Slovakia.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2009.1735): Undeclared gluten and unauthorised use of colour E 124 - Ponceau 4R / cochineal red A in salami from Poland; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1736): Salmonella Newport in chilled turkey fillet from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1738): Patulin (a mold toxin) in wholemeal croissant from Italy, via the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1739): Prohibited substance nitrofuran (metabolite) furazolidone (AOZ) in frozen shell on black tiger semi IQF prawns (Penaeus monodon) from India; distributed in Portugal.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1740): Imazalil in fresh lemons from Argentina; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1741): Streptomycin in honey from Mexico; distributed in Belgium.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1742): Bacillus cereus in acai berry juice from Sweden; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1743): Salmonella Newport (multiresistant) in chilled turkey fillet from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (New Zealand): Spice Hutt, Seafood City and India Shop in Lower Hutt and Wainuiomata recall whole frozen fish purchased after 20 November 2009, due to possible contamination with Ciguatera toxin.
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Don Smallgoods recalls Don® Pre Packaged Kabana 375g, with a USE BY of 08/02/10, LOT 380, because the processed meat products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled Kabana was sold through supermarkets and other food retail outlets in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.