- Allergy Alert: Rock Creek Nut Company (Union, OR) recalls all "Quick Fix" trail mix, because the carob chips contain undeclared milk and soy. The recalled trail mix was sold in retail stores in Oregon and Washington states.
- Mislabelling Recall: Kraft Foods recalls Jell-o Cranberry Gelatin Dessert 3 oz. (UPC 4300020007; Lot code 21 SEPT 2111) because a limited number of Sugar-free Jell-o Cranberry Gelatin pouches was packed in packages labeled as “regular” Jell-o Cranberry Gelatin. The recalled Jell-o was sold in Buehlers grocery markets and may also have been available in other retail grocery stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Mondo March Marine Foods ApS recalls fresh tuna from the Indian Ocean (Sri Lanka) due to high levels of mercury.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Gala Food A / S recalls Irma tuna salad and Irma ham salad that may be contaminated with metal fragments. The recalled salads were sold in Irma stores throughout Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1699): Salmonella Ohio (1 out of 5 samples /25g) in prepacked sliced salami from Germany; distributed in Denmark. This salami was the subject of a recall notice in Denmark on December 2nd (updated December 3rd).
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1701): Salmonella Kentucky (multiresistant in 11 out of 12 samples) in chilled turkey fillet from Poland; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1702): High lead content in food supplements from China; distributed in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1703): Unauthorised use of colour E 122 - azorubine in pecan nuts in shell from South Africa, via the Netherlands; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1704): Aflatoxins in melon seeds from Nigeria; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1705): Prohibited substance nitrofuran (metabolite) furazolidone (AOZ) in black tiger prawns from India; distributed in the United Kingdom.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.