- Food Recall: Price Chopper recalls Price Chopper brand Apple Juice (UPC #41735-00960; 1 gal; Lot #1129ct89-2; Best Before 07/20/2010) due to concerns about the taste.
- Allergy Alert: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency advises that certain Lotte brand snack foods, imported from Korea, contain one or more undeclared allergens and have been recalled by the importer. The recalled snack foods are known to have been sold in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia, and may also have been distributed in other parts of Canada.
- Food Safety Recall: Living Foods Ltd. (Innisfail, AB) expands its earlier recalls to include all batches of Sprouts Alive Baby Onion Sprouts and Sprouts Alive Alfalfa and Onion Sprouts identified by best before dates of August 29, 2009 to September 11, 2009 inclusive, due to Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall: Essentiellement Sol (3870, rue Ontario est, Montréal, QC) recalls several food items sold in hermetically sealed 750mL glass containers, because the products were not processed in a manner that would ensure microbiological safety.
- Allergy Alert (Belgium): L'Agence Fédérale pour la Sécurité de la Chaine Alimentaire (AFSCA) advises consumers that the manufacturer of BÖHME ANANAS CREME-SCHOKOLADE (Böhme Banana Cream Chocolate) has recalled Lot #L9113 due to the presence of undeclared milk in the chocolate. The German-made chocolates were distributed in Brussels and in the German-speaking areas of Belgium, and may also have been sold elsewhere in Europe.
Australia & New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia-Update): Bruny Island Cheese Co. recalls Saint, Oen, ODO, Otto, and 1792 solft cheeses (all whole units of approx 200g; Best Before dates between September 1, 2009 to October 13, 2009) due to contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled soft cheeses were distributed in Tasmania only.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.