- Food Recall: Buehler Food Markets, Inc. advises that Batter Blaster (18 oz.) has been recalled by the manufacturer due to an unspecified quality issue.
- Allergy Alert: Wegman's reports that Rising Moon has recalled specific code dates of Rising Moon Organic Roasted Veggies Ravioli (frozen), 8oz because the product contains a dairy ingredient that is not listed on the label.
- Food Safety Recall: The Kroger Co. recalls cantaloupes sold in Jay C stores July 22-27 because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: Adams Extract and Spice, LLC recalls several Adams, Rex and Carniceria brands of spice blends, distributed in Texas, Louisiana, and New Mexico through retail stores, mail order, internet sales and direct delivery. The recalled items contain a specific lot of ground red pepper, that was supplied by Van de Vries Spice Corporation and has tested positive for Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: USDA and the California Department of Public Health release retail distribution lists for Salmonella-contaminated ground beef that was recalled last week by Beef Packers, Inc.
- Food Seizure: FDA seizes tuna salad sandwiches and other products from Bearden Sandwich Company Inc., doing business as Southern Belle Sandwich Company, in Baton Rouge, La., because the products were manufactured under insanitary conditions in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- Food Safety Recall: Sunsprout Natural Foods (Brantford, ON) recalls certain varieties of Sprouts Alive and Sun Sprout brands that contain onion sprouts, because the onion sprouts may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled sprouts were distributed in Ontario and the Maritime provinces and possibly also in Québec.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.