- Food Safety Recall: Sterling Pacific Meat Co. (City of Commerce, CA) recalls 3,516 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The FatBurger and Stock Yards brands of ground beef patties were produced on May 18, 2009 and supplied to restaurants in Arizona and California. The contamination was discovered during a review of establishment records by USDA.
- Food Safety Recall: California Department of Public Health advises consumers that Omo brand green onions – recalled earlier this week due to Salmonella contamination – were sold as bulk green onions in the produce sections of five stores in California.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Recall: Barr Laboratories, Inc. recalls Dextroamphetamine/Amphetamine 20mg Tablets, Lot number 311756, because some tablets may exceed weight recommendations.
- Allergy Alert: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) advises consumers that Crown brand Cereal Cookies have been recalled by the importer because the China-made product contains undeclared eggs and soy. The recalled cookies are known to have been distributed in Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia, but may also be available in other Canadian provinces and territories.
- Food Safety Recall: Vitale Produce Ltd. (Windsor, ON) recalls certain Jumbo Green Onions, imported from the United States, because the onions may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled onions were sold on or after July 30, 2009 at several stores in the Windsor area. Please follow the live link to the recall notice for the list of affected stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): CFIA advises consumers that Pidy brand Pur Mamba (peanut butter-piment), recalled due to the presence of aflatoxin, was distributed both in Ontario and in Québec, and not just in Québec, as originally announced.
Australia & New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (Australia): Joy Quil Pty Ltd recalls all date codes of Chinese Gingili Paste (Sesame Paste), imported from China, due to the presence of undeclared traces of peanuts. The recalled items were sold in Asian retail outlets in New South Wales, South Australia, West Australia and the Australian Capital Territory.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.