- Product Recall: Food City advises that Kid's Multi-Vitamin 30 count has been recalled. No details are given.
- Insulin Safety Alert (Update): FDA reminds diabetics who use long-acting insulin Levemir made by Novo Nordisk Inc. that stolen vials of this insulin brand may still be on the market. Levemir users should check their supply of insulin for lot numbers XZF0036, XZF0037, and XZF0038, which were stolen in North Carolina earlier this year. Only 2% of the stolen 129,000 vials have been recovered so far.
- Food Safety Recall: Delstar Foods Inc. (Montréal, QC) recalls certain Delstar and Compliments brand ready-to-eat deli meats due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The recalled meat beef products were distributed in the province of Québec.
- Food Safety Recall: Living Foods Ltd. (Innisfail, AB) recalls Sprouts Alive brand Baby Onion Sprouts (70 g; UPC #0 69022 00032 0; Best Before September 4, 2009) after Salmonella is found in a sample of the product.
- Food Safety Alert (UK): The UK Food Standards Agency warns consumers to avoid certain clay-based brands of drinks due to unsafe levels of arsenic and lead in the beverages.
Australia & New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Bruny Island Cheese Company (Tasmania) recalls all soft cheeses and suspends production after Listeria monocytogenes is found in two separate batches of its soft cheese.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific
- Food Safety Recall (Singapore): M/s Lam Hock Leong Trading Company recalls two Chinese wine products after Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore detects excessive levels of methanol.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.