- Allergy Alert: Chef Pierre® recalls 4,380 cases of Chef Pierre Gourmet Lemon Meringue Pie-labeled product that actually contain chocolate meringue pie, as the product may contain undeclared milk. The recalled pies were supplied to foodservice operations nationally.
- Food Safety Recall: Melon Acres recalls cantaloupes distributed through Farm-Wey Produce of Lakeland, FL after FDA finds Salmonella in a sample. The recalled melons, shipped August 13th and 14th, were sold at Aldi's in Greenwood, Indiana and at Meijer in Lansing, Michigan, Newport, Michigan, and Tipp City, Ohio. The field from which the Salmonella-contaminated melon was harvested has been identified. No further shipments will be made from that field until the source of the contamination has been identified and dealt with.
- Allergy Alert (Spain): Spain issues sales ban on unidentified diet pills from France and orders market withdrawal of an unidentified food supplement from Germany due to the presence of an undeclared milk ingredient.
- Allergy Alert (France): Vahiné recalls "Pépites Créatives" Chocolat Vahiné (chocolate nuggets for baking) due to the presence of traces of milk that are not declared on the label. The recall encompasses all lots labeled with a Best Before date up to and including 14 mai 2010 (May 14, 2010).
- Food Safety Alert (Italy): Italy detains smoked blue marlin from Denmark due to excessive levels of mercury.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Fromagerie Germain recalls Chalancey, Germain, Auchan, Lincet, Patrimoine, Gourmand and Nos régions ont du Talent brands of Epoisse cheese (all identified by Lot# 174) that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled cheese was exported to Belgium, Switzerland and the Russian Federation.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Carrefour recalls Steaks hachés surgelés Carrefour Discount (Carrefour Discount frozen minced beef steaks) due to E. coli O157:H7 contamination. The recalled product, which carries a Best Before date of 5 août 2010 (August 5, 2010) was imported from Ireland and sold in Carrefour, Carrefour Market and Champion stores in France.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.