If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Champ Meatball Co. (Whittier, CA) recalls approximately 750 pounds of frozen cured pork patty mix because it contains undeclared wheat.
- Allergy Alert: Stop & Shop and Giant Food recall Party Platter Cookies (24 oz.), sold in the supermarket in-store bakeries, because they contain undeclared almonds and almond paste.
- Food Safety Recall: Schmalz European Provisions (Springfield, NJ) recalls approximately 1,485 pounds of ready-to-eat sausage products that may contain plastic pieces. The recalled products were produced on January 7, 2010 and were distributed to retailers in California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, and Texas.
- Food Safety Recall: Trader Joe's recalls Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chip Chewy Coated Granola Bars (Use by Dates/ Lot Codes 16JUL10H2 and 17JUL10HI) due to a risk of "serious food-borne illness." Customers are asked to return the recalled packages (full or empty) to a Trader Joe's store for a refund.
- Food Safety Recall: Tom Paige Catering Company (Cleveland, OH) recalls all products supplied on or after February 2, 2010, except for frozen, three-compartment meals, after a routine inspection carried out by the Ohio Department of Agriculture detects Listeria monocytogenes in a sample of chicken and dumplings.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Nature's Variety recalls their Chicken Formula Raw Frozen Diet for dogs and cats with a "Best If Used By" date of 11/10/10 because these products may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (Italy): Gros Cidac supermarket chain recalls three package sizes of Scottish Salmon (Lot 500205), that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0152): Unsuitable organoleptic characteristics (chemical taste, presence of fatty acid methyl and ethyl esters) of dried raisins from the Czech Republic, with raw material from India; distributed in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0153): Unauthorised substance phenthoate (pesticide residue) in oranges from Egypt; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0156): Listeria monocytogenes (390 CFU/g) in cooked ham from Spain; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0157): Triazophos (pesticide residue) in aubergine (eggplant) preparation from India; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0158): Cadmium (heavy metal) in crabs (Cancer pagurus) from Norway; distributed in Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0159): Excessive sulphite in whiteleg shrimp (Penaeus vannamei) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0161): Migration of lead from porcelain plates from China; distributed in Cyprus.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0162): Aflatoxins in paprika powder from Spain; distributed in France, Germany and the Netherlands.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (New Zealand): Heller Tasty Ltd. recalls Hellers Sensational Chinese Honey Sausages (1 Kg; Use by date 180310), sold in supermarkets throughout the North Island since 05 February 2010. Due to a labeling error (packages actually contain Chunky Cheese Sausages), the product contains undeclared dairy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.