If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Labeling Recall: Price Chopper advises consumers that Cora Sweet Roasted Red Peppers (12 oz. UPC 2666211175) have been recalled because the date has been restamped over the original date.
- Product Withdrawal Notice: Top Food & Drug advises consumers that Tillamook Mozzarella Loaf (2 lb., UPC: 72830-00223; Best By: 5/1/2010, 5/3/2010, 6/2/2010, 6/12/2010) has been withdrawn due to a cosmetic issue. The product is not holding its shape properly, resulting in flattened and miss-shaped blocks.
- Product Withdrawal Notice: Top Food & Drug advises consumers that Darigold Trim Deluxe FF Milk—1/2 Gallon (UPC: 2640029340; Best By: 3/3/2010) has been withdrawn because it does not meet quality standards. There is no health issue.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Dollarama L.P./S.E.C. (Montreal, QC) recalls certain Decorative Glazed Ceramic Plates that were sold at Dollarama stores across Canada, because the items (manufactured in China) contain excessive lead.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kolding Røgeri recalls smoked eel because the product was made using sodium nitrite, an ingredient that is not permitted in smoked fish in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0039): Unauthorised substance isoprocarb in clementines from Spain; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0042): Mercury in frozen marlin fillets from Western Asia, via Germany; distributed in Austria.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0043): Unauthorised substance sibutramine in food supplement from China; distributed in Romania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0044): Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning (ASP) toxins in whole king scallops from the United Kingdom; distributed in Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Consumer Product Health Alert (Hong Kong): The Department of Health warns consumers not to use products that rely on intestinal parasites such as Ascaris for weight control. No specific product was named.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.