If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Kellogg Company that an October 2009 inspection of the company's frozen food manufacturing facility in Atlanta, GA revealed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in the facility, as well as significant deviations from current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Grace Foods recalls coconut milk powder because the product contains milk, which is mentioned in the ingredients list only as sodium caseinate without additional reference to 'milk'.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): Kathy Confiserie recalls Regenboog - Arc en Ciel – Fruchtdrops - Rainbow (200g bags) with an expiry date of 28/08/11 and 16/02/11 after a small particle of metal was discovered in one piece of candy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0176): Salmonella in frozen sparrows from Tunisia; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0177): Ethephon (pesticide residue) in fresh figs from Brazil, via Austria; distributed in Austria and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0178): Mercury in sliced swordfish (Xiphias gladius) from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0179): Unlabelled irradiation of tea from China, via Hungary; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0180): Salmonella Isangui and Salmonella typhimurium in fresh whole chicken from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0181): Ethion and thiophanate-methyl (pesticide residues) in strawberries from Egypt; distributed in Hungary.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0182): Mercury (1.41 mg/kg - ppm) in smeriglio fish (Lamna Nasus) from Senegal, via Germany; distributed in Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.