If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: Daniele International, Inc. expands earlier recall of Italian style ready-to-eat cured meats to include three more items. USDA releases updated retail distribution list for recall.
- Food Safety Recall: Renfro Foods recalls several Mrs. Renfro and Desert Pepper brand gourmet salsa products due to possible contamination with metal shavings after a supplier of one ingredient reports having seen metal shavings in specific lots. The recalled products are sold by several supermarket chains, including Meijer, Buehler's and Food City.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Lidl Denmark recalls Fresh chilled pork skinkesnitzler, imported from Germany, due to Salmonella contamination. The recalled pork product was sold in Lidl stores throughout Denmark.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0110): Salmonella spp. (presence /25g) in chicken meal from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0111): Unauthorised citrate in fresh sole (Solea vulgaris) from the Netherlands; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0112): Salmonella infantis (1 out of 5 /25g) in munchmallows from Serbia; distributed in Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0113): Arsenic (9.9 mg/kg - ppm) and lead (10 mg/kg - ppm) in food supplement from Croatia; distributed in Slovenia.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0114): Migration of lead (16.5 mg) from rind of drinking glasses from Italy; distributed in Germany.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Food Safety Alert (China): Shanghai Daily reports that the Ministry of Health has ordered local government to conduct a thorough search for additional melamine-tainted dairy products.
- Food Safety Advisory (Taiwan): China Post reports that over half of dried foods tested by the Taipei City Department of Health contained excessive pesticide residues or excess sulfur dioxide.
- Food Safety Alert (China): Beijing Coca-Cola Beverage Co reports that a 13-year old boy suffered mercury poisoning after consuming a can of Sprite that had been tainted with the poisonous heavy metal. The company is cooperating in a police investigation.
- Food Safety Alert (Malaysia): Health Ministry and Customs officers seize candy containing the illegal substance aminotadalafil, which is related to a drug used to treat impotence. The "sex candy" was shipped to Malaysia from Thailand.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.