If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: West Missouri Beef, LLC (Rockville, MO) recalls approximately 14,000 pounds of fresh boneless beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The recalled beef was distributed to wholesalers in the Chicago, IL area. No illnesses have been reported.
- Allergy Alert: Apna Bazar Cash & Carry (72-20 37th Ave, Jackson Heights, New York 11372) recalls certain in-store repackaged “Fruit Mix” and “Mixed Nuts” due to the presence of undeclared sulfites.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Playmate Toys (Costa Mesa, CA) recalls Tiny Tink and Friends Children’s Toy Jewelry Sets because a cylindrical metal connector on a charm may contain excessive lead.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0118): Salmonella typhimurium DT 120 (Multiresistant in 2 out of 12 samples) in chilled deboned defatted pork collar from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0119): Fragments of bones of land animals in compound feedingstuffs from Turkey; distributed in Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0120): Frozen pork shoulder from the Netherlands unfit for human consumption (containing animal by-products / category 3); distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0122): E 452 - polyphosphates and E 339 - sodium phosphates unauthorised in frozen whole sole (Solea solea) from the Netherlands, via Belgium; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0123): Foreign body (small pieces of plastic) in fruity custard from France; distributed in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0124): Migration of primary aromatic amines (4.4-MDA : 208.5; Aniline: 12.0 µg/dm²) from kitchen utensils from France; distributed in the United Kingdom.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Food Safety Alert (China): The Shanghai Daily reports that four people have been charged in the latest government campaign to detect and eliminate melamine-adulterated dairy products.
- Consumer Product Safety Alert (Taiwan): The Consumer's Foundation reports that 12.5% of plastic drinking straws available in breakfast shops and night markets contain excessive lead.
- Food Fraud Alert (Taiwan): The Consumer Protection Commission reports that 15% of inspected beef jerky sold as 100% beef in Taiwan contains more than 50% pork meat.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.