If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Estrella Family Creamery (Montesano, WA) recalls its Red Darla cheese because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled soft cheese was sold January 2010 through February 11, 2010 at the Ballard and Seattle’s U-District farmer's markets, two Seattle restaurants, retail stores in the Seattle-Tacoma area, and the firm’s retail store in Montesano, Washington; a retail market in San Francisco, California; and a cheese shop in Springfield, New Jersey.
- Food Safety Recall: Trader Joe's Company recalls Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chip Chewy Coated Granola Bars (UPC 82818, Use by Dates/Lot Codes 16JUL10H2 and 17JUL10H1), manufactured by Bloomfield Bakery, a subsidiary of Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled granola bars were sold in Trader Joe's locations across the United States.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Nature's Variety recalls one batch ("Best if used by 11/10/10) of Chicken Formula Raw Frozen Diet for dogs and cats, because the raw pet food may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled product was available in retail stores across the United States and over the Internet.
- Dietary Supplement Recall: Price Chopper advises its customers that Iovate has recalled all expiration dates of Hydroxycut 7 Day Cleanse (70 ct., UPC 6-31656-60161) due to a labeling problem.
- Allergy Alert: A&M Home Products recalls Incredible Edible Spread'Em Soya Oil Margarine with Garlic, Herbs and Spices, because the margarine contains undeclared milk ingredients. The recalled item was sold in retail stores in Ontario, and may also have been available in other parts of Canada.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Nature's Variety recalls one batch ("Best if used by 11/10/10) of Chicken Formula Raw Frozen Diet for dogs and cats, because the raw pet food may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled product was available over the Internet and also through limited distribution in retail stores in Canada.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): The Food Standards Agency alerts consumers to the illegal sale of meat that was slaughtered and butchered under unsanitary conditions and without the required veterinary inspection.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Aldi Marked K/S recalls Landlyst brand whole chickens, produced by Wiesenhof in Germany, because they are contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled chickens were sold in Aldi stores in Sealand.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0163): Norovirus in oysters (Crassostrea gigas) from France; distributed in Norway.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0164): Salmonella spp. in mini munchmallows from Serbia; distributed in Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0165): Altered organoleptic characteristics and high counts of Enterobacteriaceae, of yeasts and of Pseudomonas spp. in tofu from the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0168): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon from Poland; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0169): Salmonella Newport (present /25g) in frozen marinated turkey fillet from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0170): Dead insect (beetle) in canned corn from Hungary; distributed in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0171): Unauthorised operator for fishery products and live bivalve molluscs from Spain; distributed in Spain.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0172): Migration of chromium from outdoor cutlery from China, via Switzerland; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0173): Salmonella typhimurium DT 193 - multiresistant in pork breast in slices from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.