If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Pierino Frozen Foods Inc. (Lincoln Park, MI) recalls its 24 oz. packages of Pierino Frozen Foods' Jumbo Shells with Cheese because they contain undeclared eggs. The recalled product were sold in retail stores in Michigan, West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Colorado, Texas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia, and Florida.
- FDA Enforcement Action: At the request of the FDA, U.S. Marshals on Tuesday seized a wide range of human and animal food products stored under insanitary conditions at Mid-States Closeouts, a distribution warehouse in Ellsworth, WI.
- Food Safety Recall: Daniele International, Inc. expands earlier recalls to include two additional products: 3-ounce packages of "DANIELE NATURALE SALAME COATED WITH COARSE BLACK PEPPER" and approximately 6-pound packages of "DANIELE SALAME GRANDE COATED WITH PORK FAT & PEPPER." The latest additions to the recall brings the total amount of recalled meat to more than 1.26 million pounds.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0125): Salmonella Dublin (in 1 out of 12 samples) in chilled vacuum-packed beef from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0126): Aluminium (105 mg/kg - ppm) in glass noodles from China, via the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0127): Mercury (2.04 mg/kg - ppm) in sliced frozen swordfish from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0128): Migration of DEHP - di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (282 mg/kg - ppm) from lids of jars containing lime pickle from India, via France; distributed in Austria and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0129): Histamine in yellowtail kingfish (Seriola lalandi) from Australia, via France; distributed in Italy.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Food Safety Recall (Saudi Arabia): Saudi Food & Drug Authority warns citizens and expatriates against purchasing or using Hero Baby with Rice and Milk baby food (manufactured in Turkey) bearing expiry date 11 May 2010 because the baby food is contaminated with Enterobacter sakazakii, a potentially lethal pathogen.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.