If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: Price Chopper recalls Central Market Classics Turtle Cheesecake (28 oz.; UPC 4173500892; Best By 16DEC10) because it may contain foreign objects.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Aldi recalls frozen marinated turkey fillets due to Salmonella contamination. The recalled products (imported from Germany) were sold in Aldi supermarkets throughout Denmark.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Advisory (Italy): The Ministry of Health advises consumers to avoid using New Super Slim weight loss supplement, which is made in China and sold over the Internet, because the product contains the unauthorized ingredient, sibutramine – a prescription-only medication that can produce serious side effects.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0145): Chlorfenvinphos and coumaphos in gelatinous beads for chewing on the basis of propolis from Italy; distributed in Italy and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0146): Insect larvae in dried dates from Tunisia; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0147): Metal pieces in sliced mushrooms from Spain; distributed in Portugal.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0148): Salmonella enteritidis in sunflower oil cake from Spain; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0149): Salmonella Jerusalem in protein powder from Italy; distributed in Norway.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0150): Unauthorised substance tadalafil in food supplement from the United States, via the Netherlands; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0151): Excessive sulphite in red cherries cocktail from Italy; distributed in Greece.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Dietary Supplement Recall (Hong Kong): Department of Health warns consumers to avoid using the product Man Power, for managing sexual dysfunction because it contains the unauthorized Western drug tadalafil, which can cause serious side effects.
- Dietary Supplement Warning (Philippines): FDA warns consumers to avoid certain dietary supplements that make unsupported claims to cure illnesses and may cause side effects.
Australia and New Zealand
- Regulatory Status Update (Australia): The Victorian Department of Health advises consumers that the emergency order for semi-dried tomatoes that was issued under the Food Act has now expired. Food Standards Australia has developed a proposal for traceability and processing of semi-dried tomatoes and is soliciting comments.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.