If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Turkey Hill Dairy (Conestoga, PA) recalls its 1.5 qt. (48 oz./1.42L) packages of Chocolate Marshmallow Premium Ice Cream because the product may contain almonds that were inadvertently added during production and are not included in the list of ingredients. The recalled ice cream is sold only in select stores in Central Pennsylvania.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Meyer Food Service LLC dba Empire Fish Co. (Wauwatosa, WI) that an October 2009 inspection of the Company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: At the request of Health Canada, Iovate Health Sciences International Inc. (Oakville, ON) has recalled the unauthorized product Complete 7-Day Cleanse because it contains a number of active ingredients with a combined effect that may pose serious health risks. The recalled product is sold at retail outlets across Canada, and over the Internet.
- Allergy Alert: Premier Foods Group recalls Cadbury Chunks Bournville (180g) because one batch of the product was found to contain undeclared milk protein.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Advisory (Taiwan): Consumer's Foundation reports that 15% of Chinese New Year food specialties contain excessive levels of germicides or preservatives.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Warning (Philippines): Food and Drug Administration warns consumers not to purchase or use Zhen De Shou fat loss capsules and teas because these unregistered products may contain amphetamine, sibutramine or steroids.
- Cosmetic Product Safety Warning (Philippines): Food and Drug Administration warns consumers not to purchase or use three Jaioli cosmetic products, because the unauthorized products contain excessive mercury.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.