If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Cousins Products, LLC (Covington, LA) recalls Spinach Vinaigrette in 16 oz. jars, due to the presence of undeclared egg, soy and wheat. The recalled Vinaigrette was sold in retail stores in Louisiana and southern Mississippi and through internet sales to Texas, Florida, Illinois and Virginia from June 2009 until present.
- Food Safety Recall: Haifa Smoked Fish Inc. (Queens, NY) recalls Haifa brand vacuum packaged Whole Schmaltz Herring with the lot number 20, because the product was found to be uneviscerated.The lot being recalled is a product of Norway, individually vacuum-packed in clear plastic pouches with lot # 20 indicated on the label and distributed through various food retailers in the NY and NJ area.
- Food Safety Recall: USDA updates retail distribution list for Daniele Italian style ready-to-eat meats.
- Allergy Alert (Belgium): La société Sca Pr warns consumers that Fiorini brand Sauce bolognèse 420g (all lots) may contain traces of wheat, mustard, sesame and milk that are not indicated on the product label. The company has suspended sale of this product until new labels are available.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Harden Foods withdraws Rootz brand Large Eccles Cake due to the presence of sulphur dioxide that is not declared correctly on the label.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kreatina recalls Spar brand sliced pork that may be contaminated with metal shavings. The recalled meat was sold in SuperGros stores.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0130): Aflatoxins in salted almonds from the United States, via the Czech Republic; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0131): Cadmium in crabs (Cancer pagurus) from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0132): Unauthorised irradiation of flavoured linseed covered soybeans from Chile and the Netherlands; distributed in Finland.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0133): Unauthorised substance sibutramine (25.41 g/kg) in dietetic food from China; distributed in Italy.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0134): Unauthorised substance sibutramine (125.3 g/kg) in dietetic food from China; distributed in Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.