If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): Renfro Foods recalls several gourmet salsa products due to possible contamination with metal flakes. The recall was initiated as a result of an earlier recall initiated by Imperial Sugar (Sugarland, TX). The recalled products used Imperial Brown Sugar as an ingredient.
- Allergy Alert: Global Commodities Inc. (Hicksville, NY) recalls its 0.50 lbs. packages of Aahu Barah brand Dry Apricot food treats because they contain undeclared Sulfites. The recalled products were sold in retail stores in New York City.
- Food Safety Recall: Brighton Bazaar Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls Treknas Atlantic Herring, because the product was uneviscerated and has the potential to be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum. The product was sold in New York State.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Schurman Fine Papers (Fairfield, CA) recalls Papyrus Brand Greeting Cards with bracelets (made in China) because the surface paint coating on the bracelets sold with greeting cards contain excessive levels of lead.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns C & S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. (Keene, NH) that an inspection carried out in August/September 2009 revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Gold Star Seafood, Inc. (Chicago, IL) that an inspection carried out in August/September 2009 revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Grupo Alimentario Del Atlantico S.A. (Colombia, South America) that an inspection carried out in August 2009 revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- Allergy Alert: Unilever Canada recalls Knorr Soup du jour brand Cream of Potato & Leek Soup Mix, (product of USA; sold in 639 g packages bearing UPC 0 68400 03780 4 and lot code RW3179), because the soup mix may contain undeclared clams. The recalled product was sold in Sobeys West (840 Dufferin Ave., Winnipeg, MB), Western Grocers Ltd., (1724 115 Ave. NE, Calgary, AB), Grocery People (13232-170th St., Edmonton, AB) and H Y Louie (44384 Yale Rd., Chilliwack, BC).
- Allergy Alert: Intermarché (5600, avenue du Parc, Montréal, QC) recalls pollock salad sold in variable weights because the product may contain undeclared soy, eggs, wheat, crab or fish.
- Food Safety Recall: Fumoir L'Arc en Ciel (7155, chemin Montauban, Saint-Damien, QC) recalls smoked marinated trout (packed in 260g glass jars) and smoked jerky (in variable weight vacuum packages) because the products were not processed under conditions that would ensure their microbiological safety.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: RP Toys Ltd. (Mississauga, ON) recalls Charm Accessory in Tinker Bell's Lil' Tinker Bracelet Set (made in China) because cylinder that is used to attach the charm to a loop of the bracelet may contain lead in excess of the allowable limit.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Schurman Fine Papers (Fairfield, California) recalls Wooden Bracelet attached to Papyrus-brand "Happy Birthday" Card (made in China) because the surface coating on the bracelet contains lead in excess of the allowable limit.
- Food Safety Recall (UK and Ireland): Heinz recalls certain batch and date code of Heinz Fruity Custard Fruit Medley baby food due to presence of small plastic pieces. The product, which was manufactured in France, was distributed in both the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
- Allergy Alert (Belgium): Klingele advises consumers that Delhaize Dark Chocolate Bar with maltitol (33g and 85g sizes) may contain traces of milk that are not declared on the label. Anyone with an allergy to milk protein should not consume these products.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0115): Listeria monocytogenes (presence /25g) in cold-smoked salmon rolls with unripened cheese from Estonia; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0117): Cadmium in crabs (Cancer pagurus) from France; distributed in Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.