The manufacturer of Charlie's brand yogurt parfait products, Triple B Corporation (dba S.T. Produce, Seattle, WA) has recalled several varieties of Charlie's brand Yogurt Parfait due to the presence of undeclared walnuts and almonds.
The following products have been recalled:
- Peach and Pineapple Yogurt Parfait: UPC 0-45009-06747-0
- Pineapple Blueberry Yogurt Parfait: UPC 0-45009-06748-7
- Mixed Berry Parfait: UPC 0-45009-06766-1
- Strawberry Blueberry Yogurt Parfait: UPC 0-45009-06787-6
- Pineapple Strawberry Yogurt Parfait: UPC 0-45009-06788-3
- Mixed Pack Parfait: UPC 0-45009-08084-4, contains 6/8.5 oz yogurt parfaits – 2 each of mixed berry, strawberry & blueberry, and pineapple & peach.
The individual yogurt parfait flavors are packaged under the Charlie's label in 8.5 ounce, clear plastic package cups with a Use by date of 1-12-09 through 1-15-09 stamped on the side. The Mixed Pack parfaits are sold in a cardboard carton variety pack.
The recalled products were distributed in Washington and Oregon in retail stores and delis, including Kroger's QFC stores.
No illnesses have been reported so far. Nevertheless, individuals who are allergic to nuts may experience a severe allergic reaction as a result of consuming these yogurt parfaits.
According to the recall notice the problem arose due to a "... temporary breakdown in the company's production and packaging processes." Production has been suspended until the problem is corrected to the satisfaction of the company and the FDA.
Consumers who have purchased the Charlie's products mentioned in this recall notice are encouraged to return them to the store for a full refund. For more information, please contact the company directly at (206) 625-1412.