Peanut Butter Outbreak Recalls
- Allergy Alert: Canadian Food Inspection Agency announces recall of Choripdong brand Biscuits (Rice Puffs), imported from Korea, due to the presence of undeclared peanuts and sesame seeds
- Allergy Alert: Dollarama recalls all Best Before date codes of Bergen brand Almond Cookies (145g pkg), imported from Poland, due the presence of undeclared peanuts
- Allergy Alert: Harvest Fresh Bakery expands earlier recall of certain Organic White Rice and Organic Brown Rice Breads or Buns, due to the presence of undeclared wheat
- Allergy Alert: SoyaWorld Inc. recalls So Good brand Creamy Vanilla Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert due to presence of undeclared milk protein
- Food Safety Recall: Canadian Food Inspection Agency announces recall of certain imported Green Cardamom, due to Salmonella contamination
- Food Safety Recall: Vantage Foods (Est. No. 573) recalls certain packages of lean ground beef, distributed in Canada Safeway stores in Northwestern Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan, due to possible E. coli O157:H7 contamination
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
- Allergy Alert (UK): Marybake recalls certain batches of yoghurt coated fruit due to the presence of undeclared whey powder and lactose
- Food Safety Recall (France): The Food Directorate (Ministry of Health and Sports) announces the recall of a single lot of Gorgonzola cheese, imported from Italy, due to the risk of contamination with Listeria monocytogenes
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Mars Food UK Ltd. recalls certain batches of sauce products, due to possible contamination with small pieces of copper wire
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Nocelle Foods recalls certain pistachio products, containing imported pistachios – processed by Setton Farms – that may be contaminated with Salmonella
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Nut Producers Australia recalls certain pistachio products, containing imported pistachios – processed by Setton Farms – that may be contaminated with Salmonella
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.