Pistachio Product Recalls
- Food Safety Recall: Amalgamated Produce, Inc. (Bridgeport, CT) extends earlier recall to include Crunchy Sprouts. The recalled items were distributed in NY, NJ, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, MD, PA and DE under the Specialty Farms, Vermont Sprout House, Nature's Promise, and BroccoSprouts brands. Alfalfa sprouts also were supplied in 5-pound bulk bags. The original recall was initiated after New York State detected Listeria monocytogenes in a sample of sprouts obtained at a supermarket.
Mexico, Central America, South America
- Food Safety Recall (Chile): Elaboradora Doñihue Limitada suspends production and recalls meat products after its products were linked to an outbreak of Listeria monocytogenes.
Europe, Including the United Kingdom
- Food Safety Alert (UK): A G Barr's withdraws Simply Fruity and Simply Aqua flavoured water drinks due to reports that the bottle caps present a choking hazard to children
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.