General Mills has announced a recall of one day's production of Progresso Hearty Tomato Soup, due to possible mislabeling during production. Due to a production error, some cans of Progresso Light Vegetable and Noodle Soup were labeled as Progresso Hearty Tomato Soup.
The mislabeled cans may contain one or more of the allergens egg, milk and soy. As a precaution, General Mills has recalled all of the following:
19-ounce cans of Progresso Hearty Tomato Soup with the code date 19May10 NV VN-3 on the bottom of the can and UPC #4119691068
Individuals who are allergic to egg, milk or soy may experience a severe allergic reaction shortly after consuming a food that contains these allergens. Anyone who has purchased the recalled soup should return it to the store for a refund.
The following retailers already have withdrawn the recalled soup from store shelves, and are advising their customers of the recall.
- Giant Foods, LLC: 182 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and DC
- Harris-Teeter: 176 stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Maryland, Delaware, and DC
- Kroger: all stores in Greater Memphis, TN, Arkansas, Mississippi; Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Knoxville, TN area; Greater Louisville (including Indiana), Lexington and Nashville, TN; North Carolina, Virginia, eastern West Virginia and eastern Kentucky
- Price Chopper: 116 stores in New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Stop & Shop Supermarket Company: 389 stores in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, New York and New Jersey
We'll update the list of retailers as more information becomes available.