- Food Safety Recall: Timco Worldwide Inc. (Davis, CA) recalls a limited number of MelonUp! large seedless watermelons after a distribution company detects Salmonella on the rind of a watermelon during routine sampling. The recalled watermelons were distributed to grocers, wholesalers and processors in California and Texas.
- Allergy Alert: Bonisoir LEA (Châteauguay, QC) recalls a number of cakes due to the presence of undeclared milk, soy, nuts, peanuts and sulfites.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Danish Supermarket recalls Orchard frozen raspberries (300g package; imported from Serbia) due to Norovirus contamination.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): AP Green recalls ruccula lettuce and various mixed salads after Campylobacter is detected in ruccula and Mangold
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1604): Histamine in yellow fin tuna loins (Thunnus albacares) from the Philippines; distributed in Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg and the Netherlands
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2009.1605): Progesterone hormones in food supplement from the United States, dispatched from Poland; distributed in Poland and the Czech Republic
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1606): Prohibited substance chloramphenicol in frozen frog legs from Indonesia; distributed in France
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1611): Salmonella in buffalo milk mozzarella cheese from Italy; distributed in Italy and the United Kingdom
Australia and New Zealand
- Fraudulent Claims Alert (New Zealand): Medsafe (New Zealand Ministry of Health) warns the public of 65 overseas websites that purport to be based in New Zealand and are touting unapproved herbal products.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Food Safety/Cholera Alert (Malaysia): Contaminated fish used in the making of crackers has been identified as among the sources of the cholera outbreak. Eleven ice factories, two cracker factories and eight food outlets have been ordered closed.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.