- FDA Warning Letter: Seoul Shik Poom, Inc. (Englewood, NJ) found to have serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation, as a result of an inspection carried out 06/02/2009 through 06/19/2009
- Consumer Product Recall: Monarch Distributing Limited (Waterloo, ON) recalls Natursutten Liquid-filled Teethers, manufactured in Germany, after Health Canada finds Bacillus sphaericus/fusiformis in the liquid filling.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): The Co-operative Group recalls three Truly Irresistable Indian Cooking Sauces due to acidity not meeting required levels. The incorrect acidity levels may allow microbial growth to occur in the jars of sauce.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1587): Aflatoxins in mix curry powder from Pakistan; distributed in the United Kingdom
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1586): Veterinary drug residues in whole chicken egg powder from the Netherlands; notified by Germany
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Dietary Supplement Recall (Hong Kong): The Department of Health warns consumers to avoid using a slimming product labeled as Shou Shen Jiao Guan – Ti Nei Yun Dong Wan, because it was found to contain undeclared sibutramine and phenolphthalein.
- Dietary Supplement Recall (Hong Kong): The Department of Health warns consumers to avoid using a slimming product called Pai You Guo, because it was found to contain undeclared sibutramine and phenolphthalein.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.