- Allergy Alert: Vita Food Products, Inc. (Chicago, IL) recalls its Elf Branded Herring in Sour Cream product distributed in retail stores in California, Texas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin because the product contains undeclared wheat.
- Food Safety Recall: NutriSystem Canada ULC recalls certain Nutrisystem brand Peanut Butter Granola Bars (Canadian version) described below because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The 40 g packages bearing UPC 6 32674 37016 7 and lot code TC05219B (product of USA) were sold exclusively through the Canadian NutriSystem website, by telephone (1-877-368-8446), and via the Shopping Channel.
- Dietary Supplement Recall: Health Canada is warning consumers not to use Herblex "Once More", an unauthorized product promoted to enhance male sexual performance, as this product was found to contain sildenafil, a prescription medication not indicated on the label. The product also was found to be contaminated with high levels of mold and bacteria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1624): Presence of bacterial inhibitor in raw milk from Hungary; distributed in Italy
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1627): 3-monochlor-1,2-propanediol (industrial contaminant) in naturally brewed soy sauce from Malaysia; distributed in Iceland, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2009.1632): Mercury in blue shark (Prionace glauca) from Spain; distributed in Italy
- Food Safety Notification (EU#2009.1634): Cadmium in frozen pharaoh cuttlefish (Sepia pharaonis) from India; distributed in Italy
- Food Safety Notification (EU#2009.1635): Amitraz (pesticide) in pears from Turkey; distributed in Greece
- Food Safety Notification (EU#2009.1636): Amitraz (pesticide) in pears from Turkey; distributed in Greece and Macedonia
- Food Safety Notification (EU#2009.1638): Mercury in chilled sliced blue marlin (Makaira spp.) from French Polynesia, via France; distributed in Spain
- Food Safety Notification (EU#2009.1639): Excessive E 452 - polyphosphates in red peeled shrimps from China; distributed in Italy
- Food Safety Notification (EU#2009.1641): Triazophos (pesticide) in fresh okra from India; distributed in Germany
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): National Foods and Woolworths Limited recall Woolworths Fresh Milk Lite, 2 L (Use by date: 6 Dec 09) due to the presence of Escherichia coli. The recalled milk was sold in Woolworths/Food For Less supermarkets in specific stores in Victoria, New South Wales and the ACT.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.